A chronicle of some of the blessings and challenges of our lives. Thanks for praying!
Jul 11, 2015
- PRAY with us that God would give wisdom in the Safety Management System initiative Garry is leading. Pray that this will be a blessing to all who are involved.
- PRAISE with us for the ways God is unfolding His plans here at Moody Aviation as Garry serves on the leadership team and in safety, as Kaleb interacts with neighbors and friends, and as I do office work for Garry and spend time with ladies.
- PRAY for Garry's upcoming trip to Bolivia to do a safety audit, that he would be a help and encouragement to those he interacts with there.
Mar 23, 2015
- PRAISE God with us for the opportunities we have at Moody Aviation. We love being on loan here, investing in the next generation of mission aviators.
- PRAY with us for the many adjustments that continue-- we are enjoying the west coast, but it isn't without its differences
- PRAISE for the people God is bringing into our lives, each one a blessing and an opportunity to minister
- PRAISE for the open doors Kevin has in Manitoba, and ask God for continued blessing as Kevin pursues badminton and works
Nov 26, 2014
- PRAISE with us for a safe move to Spokane, Washington
- PRAISE with us for a great house that has room to spend time with friends
- PRAY with us for the many adjustments still ahead of us as we get to know the area and the team here
- PRAY for Kaleb, that he would find friends his age
- PRAY for Kevin as he adjusts to life on his own in Manitoba
- PRAY with us that God would continue to use Moody Aviation to train godly, excellent mission pilots and mechanics
Nov 23, 2013
- PRAY for the people of the Philippines that were affected by the Typhoon and all those who are involved in relief efforts
- PRAY especially for our friends who are involved in flying for islands off the coast of Palawan
- It's strange how quickly life can change... or how change can look like it's coming and then things stay the way they were. PRAY for clarity regarding needs in the Philippines and whether we are supposed to be part of meeting them.
- PRAISE God for the good meetings Garry was a part of in Arizona last week
April 21, 2013
- PRAISE God with us that we are blessed to be a part of what He is doing!
- PRAY for Kevin as he heads to badminton nationals April 29-May 4, that He would glorify God during his time there, both on and off court
- PRAISE God for the way He is working out things in PNG and PRAY for Him to continue to work His will for that flight program
- PRAY for safe travels as we head out East at the beginning of May to visit friends and family
- PRAISE with us for the way God has provided, blessed, and encouraged during a couple of months of heavy travel for Garry
March 9, 2013
- PRAISE God with us that Garry's time in PNG was profitable and that he was healthy while there!
- PRAY for wisdom as Garry processes his time in Papua New Guinea, that God would lead in how to address some of the challenges the flight program there is facing
- PRAISE God for clear direction regarding NTM Aviation Safety Management System. The team has agreed on a clear direction that they are developing and beginning to implement.
- PRAY for us as a family as the rest of March and April will bring more travel for Garry: being apart is challenging, particularly now when we're not totally settled into life in Canada yet.
- PRAY for us as we make travel plans, that God would give us clarity in where to go and when. We are excited about opportunities to share what God has done over the past years and to reconnect with friends we haven't seen for a long time!
November 23, 2012
- PRAISE God with us for all He is doing in getting us settled into life in Canada. Opportunities to minister in various ways, generosity and friendship, and the assurance that we are exactly where we need to be at this time!
- PRAY with us for clear direction as Garry pursues various things in Aviation Safety. One of his main goals is to set up a Safety Management System, and he is in the process of getting educated about the options.
- PRAISE God with us that Garry had a very profitable time in Denver. The seminar was good, as was the fellowship there
- PRAY with us as we head to Pennsylvania in a couple of weeks, for a safe trip and profitable time with friends from Puzzletown Road Bible Church. We are also looking forward to good times with my (Cynthia's) parents!
October 21, 2012
- PRAISE God with us for all He's done in our first 2 months in Canada-- we're mostly settled into a house, Kevin is doing great with badminton, friends and family have been incredibly generous in helping with groceries and other needed things, and we are beginning to get into a routine.
- PRAY with us as this coming week promises to be busy with family visiting, a badminton tournament in Saskatchewan next weekend, and Garry heading off to a seminar next week.
- PRAISE God with us that Garry's job is becoming more clear as he has begun working on various projects and pursuing information.
- PRAY with us that we would continue to settle into life in Canada-- most days we still run into things we have no idea how to do, situations that surprise us, and cultural differences. This is a good journey, but there is a lot of change going on for our family and we covet your prayers as we continue to walk through it.
September 16, 2012
- PRAISE God with us for the many blessings we have received in our journey home and as we have begun to settle into life in Canada
- PRAY with us that God would give us clarity in Garry's new job as NTM Aviation Director of Safety-- clarity in how to best bless and encourage people, in how to invest the available resources in our various programs, and in setting priorities as we begin on a new venture
- PRAISE God with us for the way He's going before us, preparing His way
- PRAY with us as we settle into life in Canada, that we would adjust well and see clearly how God wants us to be involved in what HE is doing here
- PRAY with us as we continue to grieve after Garry's mom moved to her mansion in heaven just over a month ago: it's amazing to think how happy she must be, yet we who are left on earth miss her
July 6, 2012
- PRAISE God with us that we arrived safely in Palawan and are settling into life here. We are enjoying being in Palawan and catching up with old friends and making some new ones
- PRAY with us that Jason & Jen's checkout would continue to go well.
- PRAISE God with us for the amount of health both Garry and I have and ask Him for continued healing for Garry's back and for my recovery from dengue
- PRAY for us as we continue saying goodbye and walking through the transition to life in Canada. Yes, it's a long process and we appreciate your standing with us!
June 20, 2012
- PRAISE God with us that we were able to finish everything and are now at the beginning of our trip to Palawan. Our car sold in an amazing way, our shipment is in Manila at the shipping company awaiting shipment to Canada, and everything that needed done before we left was completed. Yeah, God!
- PRAY with us for continued healing-- Garry's back is still very sore and I am still not quite back to normal after dengue fever
- PRAISE God with us for the many friends who helped and blessed us during our last days at home
- PRAY with us that our time in Palawan will be profitable as we complete Jason and Jen's checkout. Josh and Candy have already done a lot with them, we will just complete the process.
- PRAY with us as we continue to walk through many goodbyes, that we would have grace and peace for the many changes we're experiencing
June 12, 2012
- PRAISE God with us that I am feeling much better after my bout with dengue fever and that Garry's back is slowly getting better
- PRAY with us for continued healing-- neither of us is functioning well yet
- PRAISE God that our car and other things here that needed to sell have been sold and the paperwork is complete
- PRAISE God that we've been able to make arrangements to take our shipment to the port in a nearby city
- PRAISE God that the checkout went well, both on the airstrip and for Joel
- PRAY with us for the details that still need to come together in order for us to leave next Monday
May 15, 2012
- PRAISE GOD for a great trip back to the Philippines! We arrived tired, but happy to be home on May 2nd.
- PRAY with us for Garry and Joel as they do an airstrip checkout this week. The airstrip has had major work done on it and looks great! However, it is always stressful landing on a new airstrip. Once the strip is checked out, Garry will be checking Joel out at this location.
- PRAY for us as we settle back into life in Malaybalay. We are trying to finish a couple weeks of school, take Kevin to a couple of badminton tournaments, and sell or pack everything in a total of 6 weeks, one of which is already gone!
April 28, 2012
- PRAISE GOD with us for a great team of people that stands behind us in what God is calling us to do
- PRAISE GOD with us for a very profitable time in Arizona. Garry was able to accomplish his main priorities during our time here
- PRAY for us as we pack up and head home-- it is tiring to keep moving around and there are a lot of details that need attention. Pray also that we would adjust quickly to the time change