Thursday, May 24, 2012

Glad it's Friday!

I can hardly believe it's already Friday, but I'm quite thankful that it is! Another busy week is done, and we have accomplished the things we were meant to do this week, as far as we know. Which is NOT at all the same as having accomplished all we planned or hoped to do!

One of the blessings of our life that has been so full of moving is that the four of us in our family are best friends. We simply love being together. And I wonder sometimes if we had all been more comfortable more often if we would have gone our own separate ways more, if I would have missed the amazing relationship I have with my husband and my sons. Strange how often our deepest desires are answered by a road we never could have imagined! Speaking of hanging out, here are a couple photos of a normal evening at our house-- a game and a snack. Do you think Kevin needs help in understanding what a reasonable amount of peanut butter for one banana is?!
The other day I heard someone yelling at my door-- much more polite than knocking in this country, likely because so many places don't have a door! At any rate, I opened the door to find three girls. They asked if they could sing for me, then proceeded to do a great job on a contemporary song. Meanwhile, one of them handed me a slip of paper saying they are from the local music school and are raising money to help underprivileged kids get music lessons. Neat. I gave a donation. I wondered how many of our kids have gone door to door singing in hopes of getting lessons. I wondered if they'd be willing to. I wondered what it would be like to need to. Later in the week I met the same girls singing in a  coffee shop, once more raising money for lessons.

We did our small sale this week, and I was so thankful for a couple of teenage girls who helped me! They speak the language and were a huge blessing to me! Not many people came, but most of our things are gone. We priced in the hopes of blessing some of the more needy people in town. I hope we accomplished our goal. I think we did.




No comments: