Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes, it's Tuesday already! Garry is out for coffee then lunch, so I'm taking advantage of some time on the computer before the boys and I start school. I've been trying to get caught up on things like banking and printing school materials. It seems that the office just isn't getting the attention I need to give it in order to keep up with life... this too shall pass, as my mother used to tell me.

Last evening I was privileged to attend a Bible study called "Breaking Free". I was so blessed by spending time studying and discussing the Word of God with other women. It's something I've missed over the past few years. God has already done some neat things in regards to this study and I am so excited to be a part of it!

Yesterday Garry went to Winnipeg with a friend and checked out Fast Air. He enjoyed being around airplanes again for a day and hearing a bit about aviation here in Canada. Even more he enjoyed the opportunity for good conversation with friends.

Sunday evening we were invited to a small group for ice fishing and faspa (a light evening meal). Sledding, ice fishing (I think-- though I don't think anyone paid attention to the fishing rods). sitting around the fire, taking turns on a snowmobile, supper (which must have had teenage boys in mind!), and funny games were a great way to connect a bit more with friends.

LEFT: I thought you might enjoy the view we have out our dining room window... beautifully white, though Kevin commented the other day that there aren't many colors in Canada during the winter.

The boys did well in their tournament, and more importantly, enjoyed the hours at the court and getting to know different people. It was somewhat different than a tournament in the Philippines, but the game itself is the same. Both boys took bronze in their age category and they won the consolation games in boys doubles under 16 category. Kaleb looked pretty short when they played against the under 16's!

Garry and I were talking last night about the generosity of our friends and family here and how we are so blessed and humbled by it. How we are enjoying the different opportunities we have to connect. The things I've mentioned here are just a few of the things that we've been doing since I last posted... simple, ordinary things. Yet extraordinary when you've been gone from the community for 7 years!

No comments: