Friday, July 26, 2013

Mist of change

Yes, it is another random photo. Since I'm not so comfortable posting photos of all of you (since you already know each other mostly!), my world is no longer a novelty to you since I moved, and I'm not really into posting photos of the boys when you see them every week... well, there isn't much left but random. I have considered posting more of our Philippine photos since many of them never made the blog, but they're not current... so, if you have a thought, share it!
So, random photo. But not so random. Cause it highlights the mist at Niagara Falls. And mist is drops of water hanging in the air, something I've been thinking about. When millions of drops of water are falling hundreds of feet-- some of them are suspended in the air and create a beautiful mist! It reminds me of change... lots of new ideas begin to create change. Provided the change is positive, it begins to color our world in softer colours. And that is beautiful.

We all come from somewhere and we have some new ideas, new things God is teaching us. We can pass those on and like a drop of water at Niagara, they can become part of something bigger, something powerful. Or we can hold closely to what we're learning and the ways we're growing and be a slow moving stream. I'm thinking, "Let's color our world with the truth God is allowing us to see!"

It happens slowly, this change. It takes time and patience, a lot of drops of water. But over time, things do change. We are given opportunities to share and invest. We are given access to the lives of those around us. And in the process we affect them, for better or for worse. The ways we choose to relate, the ways we choose to isolate-- they matter. This day, this smile, this truth, it's all part of a bigger plan, an epic tale of God Himself.

Of course, there are stories behind my ponderings, but they are not mine to tell. Suffice it to say that I love the way you are investing in my life, and I'm privileged to invest in yours. In person, via e-mail or mail, by phone, or simply through prayer.

No comments: