Thursday, May 19, 2011

On general principles, I don't like seeing either of my boys hanging far above the ground. I don't like heights, I don't like injuries, and I HATE the sight of blood. So, since I had to watch Kaleb swing around on this rope for so many hours in Palawan I thought I'd share the experience with you! (I know, it isn't really that scary!)

Hanging. Even apart from ropes and trees, it reminds me that there are times in our lives when we feel like we're hanging, as a sentence is left hanging. Events and experiences are unfinished. The meaning of the story has not yet come clear. God's plans have not yet been revealed. Yet we know that His ultimate purposes are good, just as He is good. We know God deserves honor and glory, which are both on the very short list of things we can give Him. In fact, until we meet Him face to face our story will be unfinished, the meaning unclear. I guess that's why it's called a walk of faith!

Garry arrives home today! And, our boxes arrived from Palawan! I came to the city to pick Garry up, and a good friend came with me. We had a lovely chat on the way here and then enjoyed lunch together. Now I'm just waiting for Garry, whose plane was delayed almost an hour. He should still get in today, though!

I've talked to Kevin and Kaleb several times today. Besides the fact that I left them no breakfast (as in, no milk, bread, or cereal) they had a rather interesting start to their day. But it sounds like they've had fun taking Kody on a run while they rode bicycles as well as doing most of their school.

No comments: