Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I walked into the dining room with my eyes only half open this morning, and there, outside my window, was our car backing out of our driveway! This kind of stuff always happens when Garry's gone, I thought. I hadn't quite figured out what to do about it when the car pulled into the neighbors yard. Wow, it wasn't our car after all, but the neighbor has an identical vehicle... silly me! Thankfully I did finally get myself totally awake!

Yesterday Garry left for Palawan. His flight out of the city here was scheduled for 2:20 p.m. but it was slightly delayed. The 90-minute flight took nearly 2 hours, but he arrived in Manila in time to catch his flight to Palawan. Unfortunately when the plane got to Palawan the winds were too strong to land, so they returned to Manila, arriving just before 9 p.m. We were all very thankful for our guesthome in Manila that had room for him to spend the night-- the airline was offering passengers room to sleep in the lobby. Garry has his flight helmet with him and the airline said it is a weapon, so when he arrived at the guesthome at 11 p.m. he repacked his bag before he headed off to bed.

This morning I was still fast asleep when Garry left for the airport at 5 a.m. to catch his 7:00 flight to Palawan. Thankfully, this time he actually got there! It was very windy today, so the guys didn't actually get to fly... we're praying they can fly tomorrow!

The boys and I did school today then I had a friend over for coffee. Some badminton finished off the day.... except a phone call to Kevin's badminton trainer at 11 p.m.

No comments: