Sunday, July 15, 2012

Monday madness

As a teenager one of the reasons I wanted to grow up was so I wouldn't have to go to school every week. The endless cycle of trying to get moving on Monday morning and getting so excited for the end of school on Friday bothered me-- I wanted every day to be the same or something. I'm not sure what I wanted, but I do know I envisioned life as an adult not having the same weekly cycle. But it does, at least for me right now. School days and weekend days. Schedules throughout the week, and a little more time to breathe on the weekends. Only now, the time to breathe on the weekend isn't quite as much as when I was a teenager!

Yesterday evening I sat down to plan my week and realized how many things I want to fit into just a few days! As I think about the fact that I only have 2 weeks left in Palawan, my mind starts reeling under the number of things I wanted to do here that haven't been done. It's a good reminder to find my center in God, to focus on Him and let Him work out the details-- I certainly can't figure out how everything can or will fit in!

You may have noticed that I'm not posting much about our everyday lives right now. It's not that things aren't happening, it's just that at the moment I can't find the words to express daily life. We are blessed to be staying in a nice guesthome here in Palawan, yet it is not home. Things are a bit disorganized and chaotic, despite my best efforts to organize them. Jason and Jen's checkout is going really well, but now that I have neglected to write about the first part of checkout, it's hard to start at the beginning. Plus, our internet is very poor, so when I get to posting here I tend to do so quickly. And my energy is still really low after having dengue, though my energy is not as bad as my brain, which seems to function at half speed these days!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I had the exact same wishes as a teenager....and funny how I now sometimes dream back to when life was so much more predictable and carefree. :-) Praying that your body will regain full strength for the busy days ahead.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garry and Cynthia Barkman said...

thanks, Sarah! it is funny, isn't it, how life changes?!