Thursday, June 06, 2013

New beginnings...

We've decided to call this our house of new beginnings... we've had so many beginnings in the last year that we've often been overwhelmed. And yet in some way it feels like this is a good new beginning, putting some of the stresses of the past year behind us, and starting again with a sense that we know our way around!

For years my mom had a sign on the fridge that said, "God never tires of our new beginnings." As a child and teenager I believed it was true, but the meaning was rather lost on me. However, as life moves on I find new comfort and meaning in those words. And I agree, because He constantly calls us to new beginnings in various ways. And the things that we plan to "get in order" we often find ourselves writing down as a "new" endeavor several months or years later.

I thought I'd share a couple photos from the last trip-- the boys enjoying sitting in the front seats while we relaxed in the back. Amazing how life changes!

We are so incredibly blessed by our boys, the ways they're growing and learning and the ways they are a part of what God has called us a family to do and be.

We have most of what we need for daily living in the new place, but there are still things at the old house that need attention. Then there's the cleaning... I was thinking the other day that I seldom have to consider spring cleaning, I just clean when I move! And I guess I should get back to some of the sorting, packing, and cleaning that needs done!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the pictures of the boys in the front...oh how life changes! It won't be long before it's L & E in the front of our car! :-)

Garry and Cynthia Barkman said...

Thanks... yes, it does pass too quickly!