Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Wednesday already and I'm still trying to catch my breath! It's been a crazy beginning to the week in several ways, but let me back up a bit.

Last weekend we all enjoyed a local badminton tournament. It was fun to be part of the group, cheering and playing. We were also able to catch up with some friends we haven't seen since we returned to Palawan. While our badminton friends are very religious we don't believe many of them understand the true Gospel. We continue to seek to be a light and have been encouraged lately by some of the comments and questions that have been coming our way.

Kaleb and his friend partnered in the men's level and it was fun to see these short little guys do a great job on the court. They actually placed second! Garry and Kevin partnered in a higer men's level and took third place. Kevin and I played in the mixed category and were able to take first place.

Monday passed by in a flash of getting back into our school routine after our week break and getting the house cleaned up after running around over the weekend. Tuesday morning we were just finishing up school when the doorbell and my phone both rang. My helper went to the gate and stepped outside when motioned to do so by a man I barely saw. I answered the phone call and was watching the gate from inside when I saw the man begin to walk away, but Jhean (my helper) didn't come back in the gate. I had an uneasy feeling and went outside to investigage. The men were actually policemen and they had a warrant to arrest my helper!

Apparently her family is in the middle of a bit of a fued and a girl had issued a complaint against her. The more I find out about the situation the clearer it becomes that there's really nothing we can do. It is so hard to see her in this situation and not be able to do anything. Please pray with us that her family will get her a good lawyer, which is what she really needs. Pray also that this would be a turning point in Jhean's life, that she would seek God and find the One True Source of everything.

No comments: