Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Expectations


Sunday afternoon Garry and I went out for a quick walk before supper. We didn't get very far, though. It was cold and windy, and I wasn't up for walking in that weather. After all, earlier in the afternoon it had been sunny! 

Our failed walk attempt is reflective of so many things in life, because our perceptions have a lot to do with our expectation and relatively little to do with reality. Take winter, for instance. It was truly cold in January, and it is much warmer in April. However, because I expected spring to arrive, April's temperatures are much more disheartening than January's were. 

So, when I'm not pondering weather, there are plenty of things to keep me busy. Garry has been busy with paperwork and I've been pretty involved in a lot of that lately. School is also going on, which is a good thing! Kevin is doing a lot more driving, which means I haven't been to the city as often lately (a nice thing). And there's also cooking and cleaning. 

Last week Blumenort Church had a fellowship dinner for missionaries, ministerial, and the missions committee. How encouraging to spend an evening with others who are involved in similar ministries and a part of our support team. We are so blessed by our home church, so thankful for the many ways they care for us as their missionaries.  

No comments: