Friday, April 05, 2013

Weekend plans

I remember as a kid how excited I'd get about the weekend-- 2 full days of no school seemed like a real holiday! Though there were chores and other things that needed to be done, overall the schedule was more relaxed and I truly enjoyed being able to decide what to do with my time. Even the picnic lunches that were left on the counter for Friday evening with instructions to eat outside were a welcome change, despite the biting gnats that plagued us while we munched on supper.

It's Friday afternoon, and the feelings are a bit the same-- anticipation of no school for two days and Garry will be home tomorrow evening! However, there is also a long list of things that need taken care besides the fun of badminton provincials this weekend. The length of the list ensures me that it won't all get done, so I need to decide exactly what I will actually do. And what the boys need to do first as well.

This photo of the plane's control panel caught my attention this morning. It's a rather simple panel if you're a pilot (I think). However, for the rest of us it looks complicated: and while there is a lot of information available it isn't helpful it you don't know how to interpret or use it! I guess the weekend feels that way-- plenty of information and options if I just knew how to use it!

So, I blog and ponder between my rushing around.... I give planning my best shot and know the outcome will be fine, though things will not likely work out the way they look in my mind!

No comments: