Sunday, June 08, 2008

Good morning! I'm sitting by the radio listening to the static. The 3-month-old baby that we brought to town for medical help on Friday passed away last evening. The guys are taking the body and the family home again... not a fun part of this job.

The missionaries also called to let us know that there is another boy that needs more medical attention than they can give him. He's 3 years old and they suspect he has hepatitis. Unfortunately, the family isn't totally decided what they want to do-- take advantage of the flight or wait for someone to do magic on their son.

We've enjoyed having Jamie, a friend from home, living close by for the past couple of months. She's been helping at a local orphanage. She helped me get started on Facebook the other day, though I haven't gotten much put on that site yet. It's been fun to get to know Jamie a bit better and hear her heart for God and His kingdom. She's headed back to Manila then Canada later today.

Kaleb is into paper airplanes lately-- again. This time he's found a number of new, rather complicated patterns on the web. I've tried my hand at folding some of them and have discovered why I don't do more of it-- I'm not so good:)! Kevin is still training hard for badminton as well as working in his garden.

No comments: