Thursday, June 15, 2006

KALEB IS 7 YEARS OLD TODAY! We had a great day just being together, watching him open his gifts, and enjoying having Garry home from work. One of our family traditions is to let the birthday person choose dinner-- Kaleb chose macaroni and cheese from a box (last one!) and we all enjoyed it. This, our first day of "vacation" has been lovely!

I went back to the doctor this morning and found out that I only have a few more days of medication! The men of the house spent a good deal of time in the shop, working on a tool cupboard. I also had some time to work on my scrapbooks!

The other neat thing that happened today is that Kevin got word that he's getting a Tagalog language course! He's looking forward to doing it for school, and Kaleb and I are planning to join him in learning a bit of Tagalog. We were trying to say "Good afternoon" yesterday (which I won't even try to spell for you!) and all ended up just laughing. Some of the consonants that they hear we just don't think exist!

This reminded me once more how privileged we are to be part of team that supports us and does so many special things for us. Thoughtful, kind things. Much-needed things. Encouraging things. Things that bless us and brighten our days! Thanks to each of you who are that kind of friends!

Have a great day and may God bless you richly!

No comments: